Tuesday 5 December 2017

Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire

Series: Wayward Children, #1

Publication:April 5th 2016 by Tor.com

Goodread Description:
Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost


My Thought:
so easy to fall into; whimsy feel to feel

short- that's not the only reason why i flew through this book- i was so intrigued and found the story really addictive . McGuire packed so much into this tiny book.

Firstly the characters are so much fun! All of them have their share of page time but there is a select few who are very developed. I also loved how diverse the characters all are. The main character, Nancy, is asexual. I have never come across an ace protagonist in all my years of reading YA and I am so happy the ace community is finally getting some rep! I can't personally speak for the rep, but I know this book has been highly acclaimed by readers for containing great ace rep. There is even a trans character in Every Heart a Doorway which is another thing I hardly ever come across in my reading. I do wish we got more on some of the characters but I know there is companion books about them so I will be picking them up!

Seanan McGuire has a beautiful writing style.  very lyrical and pretty

the world- we get tiny glimpses into all the different worlds the children in the story have visited- it never felt info dumpy and i was so intrigued by all of them and want to go on adventures and visit them to explore them more.

super quick and quick, fun but also dark I highly recommend it!


My Rating: 4.5 stars
Thanks for reading,
A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment