Tuesday 5 February 2019

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

Publications: September 12th 2017 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Goodreads Description:
Three years ago, Tanner Scott’s family relocated from California to Utah, a move that nudged the bisexual teen temporarily back into the closet. Now, with one semester of high school to go, and no obstacles between him and out-of-state college freedom, Tanner plans to coast through his remaining classes and clear out of Utah.

But when his best friend Autumn dares him to take Provo High’s prestigious Seminar—where honor roll students diligently toil to draft a book in a semester—Tanner can’t resist going against his better judgment and having a go, if only to prove to Autumn how silly the whole thing is. Writing a book in four months sounds simple. Four months is an eternity.

It turns out, Tanner is only partly right: four months is a long time. After all, it takes only one second for him to notice Sebastian Brother, the Mormon prodigy who sold his own Seminar novel the year before and who now mentors the class. And it takes less than a month for Tanner to fall completely in love with him.

My thoughts:
This was my first Christina Lauren book and after finishing I can for sure say I will be picking up more by this pair! Autoboyography was such a fun quick read! I flew through it in 2 sittings for it being about 400 pages long! It had the perfect mix of fun cute fluffy moments with more dramatic ones and I couldn't stop reading.

I loved both of the main characters, Tanner and Sebastian. It was cool that they were both writers

The main character, Tanner is bi and the label is discussed and are misconceptions challenged throughout the story which I appreciated!

Reading Autoboyography was actually educational for me. Going in I knew nothing about Mormons and LDS. I obviously can't speak on the accuracy but the authors note said the two authors did research and from other reviews it sounds like it was accurate. I thought it was so interesting have religion as such a big part of the story. I haven't come across many contemporary books with religious characters.

I loved how Sebastian challenged Tanner's prejudices and sterotypes about Mormons and his family's lifestyle. 

I really liked. The friendship aspects of the story too. The authors explored how it's important to hold on to friends when you go into a relationship which I think os very important.

I will definitely be picking up more of Christina Lauren's books in the future!

Thanks for reading,

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment