Tuesday 7 June 2016

Top 10 Contemporary Books I've Read!


It's summer so for me that means picking up some good contemporaries! Here's a list of some of my favourites! I don't read much contemporary books but I managed to scrape together a list of 10! Not all of them are summery but they're all favourites of mine!:

1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Young Adult)

This is one of my all time favourite summer books to read. It takes place during summer and the characters do lots of summery things like swimming in the pool and going to the beach! There's a big focus on family which I loved! All the characters are so loveable. Highly recommend!



2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Middle Grade)
This one isn't necessarily a summery, it actually takes place during the school year but it is one of my favourite contemporaries because of its messages.



3. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (Young Adult)
These are just some of the cutest books I've ever read! if youre looking for something light and fluffy pick this one up! I also heard there is going to be a third book released next year so why not read the first two so your ready for the release of the next one!




4. The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han (Young Adult)
As you can probably tell by the title this trilogy is definitely a summer read. But don't let the titles and covers deceive you. This series has a serious emotional punch. It's not all cute adorable moments, though there is quite a few! These books focus a lot on family which I great!



5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (Young Adult)
Fangirl is a must read for any fangirl/fanboy. It takes place during the school year but is a great contemporary about finding yourself and going to college. If you're starting college in the autumn why not pick this up and see how Cath survived her first year there!


6. Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy/Companion series by Stephanie Perkins (Young Adult)
None of these books are particularly summery but they are all super easy quick reads. I'd recommend marathoning these books!


7. Any book written by Colleen Hoover (My favourites are November 9 and Slammed) (New Adult)
Colleen Hoover's books are heavier than some of the other books on this list.  But she always gets the right balance between cute happy moments and the heartbreaking emotional ones. I'd recommend her books if your looking for a bit of an emotional contemporary thats not all about a cute romance! (Keep in mind her books are New Adult!)



8. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Young Adult)
I'd recommend picking up Jandy Nelson if you're looking for absolutely beautiful writing. There's a big emphasis on family in this one too, the focus mainly on siblings.



9. Any book written by Morgan Matson (personally I love Since You've Been Gone and The Unexpected Everything) (Young Adult)
If your going to read anything this summer pick up Morgan Matson. All her books are so summery.



10. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (Young Adult)
Some people says We Were Liars is contemporary and some people says it's not. What is though is summery. The story takes place on an island during the summer. If you're looking for a book that will get you thinking pick up this one!



So that's my list! I'll probably do an updated one next year!
Thanks for reading,
A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment