Tuesday 21 August 2018

Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi

*This post contains spoilers for the first three books in the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi*

Series: Shatter Me, #4

Publication: March 6th 2018 by HarperCollins

Goodreads Description:
Juliette Ferrars thought she'd won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she's still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she's got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good? 

My thoughts: 
I was happy with the ending of Ignite Me so I was very hesitant to pick up Restore Me but I after reading it I can say I am so glad I did! I missed these characters and had so much fun reading about them again!

In Restore Me Juliette is dealing with becoming supreme commander and what that entails. She has a lot of responsibility and I feel like that backtracked her character development. When we left her at the end of Ignite Me she was so confident and strong, which she is at times in Restore Me, but she does spend a lot of time doubting herself and I wished she had more self confidence like she did in Ignite Me. This was a minor thing but it annoyed me at times while reading, I just wanted to shake some sense into her. 

The story is told in dual POV and it was super interesting reading Warner's chapters. He is one of the most complex characters in the series and it was so cool being in his head despite it being such a sad lonely place.

I adored seeing Kenji again. He is hands down the best part of this series. He just brings o much fun and humour the story. I loved how Tahereh decided to develop his relationships with both Juliette and Warner. I loved Juliette and him and the originally trilogy and now I am obsessed with him and Warner. They develop such a nice bromance in Restore Me it was a joy to read!

Tahereh used this new book to introduce some new characters most of which I couldn't care less about but one really stood out for me. I loved reading about and hop to see more from her in future books.

Restore me felt like such a short book. It is definitely what I would call a filler book. It felt like it was just setting up the base for bigger things to come. Not much happens in terms of plot, most of the story is about Juliette and Warners internal struggles- which I enjoyed but I would have liked more action. I felt like all the action was saved until the end.

Speaking of the ending so many things were revealed that left me with lots of questions and theories. So I am very excited to get my hands on the next book!

I had a lot of fun reading Restore Me and I think Shatter Me fans will enjoy this new instalment to the series.

Thanks for reading,

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment