Friday 27 November 2015

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo


Series: Six of Crows, #1.

Publication: September 29th 2015 by Henry Holt and Company

Goodreads summary:
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first. 


My thoughts: (spoiler free)
*You do not need to read the Grisha Trilogy to read Six of Crows.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Grisha Trilogy, I loved Bardugo's  writing but I felt like the series was lacking a strong plot, so I didn't have extremely high expectation going into six of crows but I decided to give her books another go and I'm so glad I did.

Bardugo did an excellent job extending her world and introducing some amazing character that I know will steal the hearts of readers everywhere. Six of Crows is the Strongest first book in a series I've read in a long time. It blew me away. Six of Crows is a new fantasy favourite of mine.

Six of Crows has a fast paced twisty plot that I loved. There was loads of action with a hint of magic and a heist that top all fictional heists.

There is multiple points of view, usually this results in a number of underdeveloped characters but Bardugo managed to create a full cast of well rounded individuals. I grew to care for each and every one of them. All the characters have distinct personalities and interesting back stories.  And of course it wouldn't be a fantasy book if didn't have a name or two that were impossible to pronounce! Also I should note they are all bad-ass and Kaz's crew is seriously squad goals.

I am so excited for book 2: Crooked Kingdom!

My rating:5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment