Tuesday 17 May 2016

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Publication:May 3rd 2016 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Goodreads description:
Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?

My thoughts:
I loved this book! If you're looking for a book to get you in the mood for summer, look no further, The Unexpected Everything is for you.

The characters in Morgan Matson's books are just all so realistic. I loved getting to know Andie. She's such a relatable character. I found myself emotionally attached to her straight off the bat.

Along with Andie, I loved Clark. I think he's very different to what most love interest are like in YA. He's not bad boy or a guy who hides behind snarky sarcastic comments. He's a nerd. A geek. Whatever you want to call it. And he's so cute. And it's amazing. And lets just say he's on my fictional boyfriend list! I loved reading how awkward he was with Andie in the beginning. He felt like a real person and I really appreciated that. 

One of my favourite parts of The Unexpected Everything was reading about Andie's friendship with Toby,Bri and Palmer (and Tom). I feel like Morgan Matson really portrayed their friendship realistically. They were so much fun to get to know. It's not often you come across a big group of friends who get along so well in books.

I loved the family aspect of the story. It was really interesting watching Andie and her dad trying to fix their relationship. I love how Morgan Matson always has a family storyline going on in her books. We need more parents in YA.

I loved this book because it was so summery. It made me want to go to the outside and enjoy the sun with my friends. I had the best time reading Andie's story. There was lots of smile and laughs along the way and I'd really recommend giving Morgan Matson's books a read this summer! She writes the ultimate summer reads!

My rating: 5 stars

Thanks for reading,
Axx

No comments:

Post a Comment