Tuesday 1 November 2016

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Publication:  August 2nd 2016 by Atria Books

Goodreads description:
Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up - she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan - her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.

This book contains graphic scenes and very sensitive subject matter.


My thoughts:
It Ends With Us is a very intense and emotional read. While I didn't love it as much as some of Hoovers other books I think this one is some of her best work. It was raw and really packed a punch.

It Ends With Us is such an important story; deals with some very important topics. I won't say what because it is much better to go in blind but I definitely think this is a book everyone should read.

If you are looking for a strong female character, It Ends With Us is where you will find one. The main character Lily is such a joy to read. She is so determined and brave. I loved how she was into flowers and tries her very best to go after her dreams. She is a true inspiration and I think many will be able to relate to her.

Friendship is something that I never really see explore in NA because the main focus is usually the romance, but It Ends With Us has a good bit of friendship. Alysa (one of Lily's employees) and Lily's friendship was one of my favourite aspects of the story.

The narration style of It Ends With Us is really interesting because it's duel POVs but both are Lily's perspectives. One is in present day and then we also follow Lily when she was 16 through diary entries- I really liked reading her diary at times they were so funny and I wish we had got more of them. 

My only problem was it was very instalovey for me but most of Colleen Hoovers books are; this one was just a bit over the top for me. And because I wasn't in love with the relationship the events that happen later in the book didn't effect me as much as if I had fallen in love with Ryle along with Lily.

Overall It Ends With Us is not my favourite Hoover book. It's a tearjerker for sure, i just didn't have as much fun reading it as I did with her other books.

My rating; 4.5 stars

Thanks for reading,
A :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment