Tuesday 1 August 2017

The Struggle by Jennifer L Armentrout

Series: Titan, #3

Publication: Published March 20th 2017 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Goodreads Description:
A bloody path has been chosen… 

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs. 

The Great War fought by the few is coming… 

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people. 

In the end, the sun will fall… 

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same. 

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in...

My thoughts:
The Struggle was a really good addition to the Titan series. I read it in one sitting. I find it so easy to fall into Jennifer L Armentrout's books and The Struggle was no different.

I felt like there was not as much action in this one compared to the first two books in the series but I was still engaged the whole time, as I said above I flew through the story.

I also felt like it was missing some of the usual humour that is in Jennifer L Armentrout's books. I don't know if it just wasn't funny to me but usually I find multiple laugh out loud lines in her books and I didn't in this one but I still had fun reading.

I loved how we got to spend lots of time with characters from the previous series like Alex. Any time she had page time I loved it. She's such a fun character to read. I also loved how we got a good bit of Alex and Josie bonding and becoming friends.

I love Seth but I found him a bit annoying in the beginning of The Struggle. He was a smidge but overprotective and I was getting frustrated at him a lot because of how he was treating Josie but he did pull back a bit later in the book. His character arc actually ended up being one of my favourite aspects of the book. He starts to mature in this one and I'm excited to see where his character goes in the next book.

I found The Struggle to be a little bit predictable in places but i didn't mind because I only read JlA books solely for entertainment and drama with characters I love and not really for amazing plots. I felt like nothing major happened in terms of the series' overall plot until near the end.

In true Jennifer L Armentrout style The Struggle ends with a cliffhanger so I am very excited for the next book in the series!

My rating: 4 stars

Thanks for reading,

A:)

No comments:

Post a Comment