Tuesday 15 May 2018

Brave by Jennifer L Armentrout

*Warning this review contains spoilers for the first two books in the series, Wicked and Torn.*

Read my review of book 2: Torn here!

Series: The Wicked Trilogy, #3

Publication:  December 11th 2017 by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Goodreads Description:
Ivy Morgan hasn't been feeling like herself lately. Not like anyone can blame her. After all, being held captive by a psychotic fae prince hell-bent on permanently opening the gates to the Otherworld is bound to leave some mental scars. 

It’s more than that, though. Something dark and insidious is spreading throughout Ivy, more powerful than she could ever imagine... and it’s coming between her and the man she’s fallen deeply in love with, elite Order member Ren Owens. 

Ren would do anything to keep Ivy safe. Anything. But when he makes a life altering choice for her, the fallout of his act has far reaching consequences that threaten to tear their lives apart. 

If Ivy is going to have any hope of surviving this, she must put aside the hurt and betrayal she feels, and work with not only those she loves, but with an enemy she would rather kill than ever trust. War is coming, and it soon becomes clear that what Ivy and Ren thought they knew about the Order, themselves, and even their enemies, has been nothing but a cluster of dangerous, deadly lies. 

Ivy knows she must be more than just brave to save those she loves--and, ultimately, to save herself. 

Because behind every evil fae Prince, there’s a Queen…. 

My thoughts: 
I didn't enjoy Brave as much as books one and two. I had a bit of a weird reading experience and that might have been what hindered my enjoyment- I read the book in small chunks over a month. I don't know if that was because I read it over such a long period of time or what but it was definitely  my least favourite in the series. I still had fun reading just not as much as I did with Wicked and Torn.

I was kind of fed up with Ivy in this book, she made some stupid decisions and I felt like she was missing that fire in her that I loved in the previous books. She was a bit annoying and I get that she is going through PTSD after the events of the last book but I just didn't care about her like I used to.

I absolutely adored Tink, he is just such a fun character and to be honest he was one of the main reasons I kept reading. I loved any time he has page time.

I am not head over heels in love with Ren but he did have some great one liners in this one; not as much as in the previous books but enough to be entertaining.

I found myself not caring about the whole plot with the prince and the order. I was getting bored at times and found myself skimming some parts which never usually happens with Jennifer L Armentrout books for me. There was a few plot twists here and there but I didn't care enough to be shocked over them.

Overall Brave is an okay read and I would recommend the series overall if you are looking for something funny and dramatic with a paranormal romance in it.


Thanks for reading,
A :)


No comments:

Post a Comment