Tuesday 31 July 2018

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L Armentrout

Publication: September 5th 2017 by Harlequin Teen

Goodreads Description:
A single choice can change everything.

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She’s ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications, and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels about him. For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be epic—one of opportunities and chances.

Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything.

Now Lena isn’t looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian might never forgive her for what happened.

For what she let happen.

With the guilt growing each day, Lena knows that her only hope is to move on. But how can she move on when she and her friends’ entire existences have been redefined? How can she move on when tomorrow isn’t even guaranteed? 

My thoughts:
If There's No Tomorrow was a fun super addict read but it was not my favourite Jennifer L Armentrout book by a long shot. I enjoyed my time reading it but it wasn't anything original and it didn't leave a last impression.

I liked the main character Lena. I liked how she like how she loved reading and we actually got to see her reading and prioritise her reading. It was also cool how she played volleyball. While I didn't agree with all her actions I did think they were believable and I think Jennifer L Armentrout did a good job portraying what a person would feel like after what happened in the book.

Like all of Jennifer L Armentrout's books, If There's No Tomorrow was so much fun. There were some great funny lines and there were a good few ACOTAR references that had me laughing. It's clear in this book that Jennifer L Armentrout is a fan of Sarah J Maas.

I loved how the tone of the book completely flipped from lighthearted to very serious after the "choice" that's talked about in the blurb. It was very well written, I felt the whole atmosphere change.

The choice that changed everything was not the most original idea but an important one to discuss. I did feel like it could have been executed better though. I felt like the author added nothing original to the idea. We've seen this story a thousand times and wanted something more from it.

Overall it was a fun quick read but not my favourite, I much prefer Jennifer L Armentrout's paranormal stuff.

Thanks for reading,

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment